Children are at the growing phase, where they require sufficient nutrients for immunity development. At this age, they should be aware of food safety. The best way to teach food safety is by vocal and visual representation through an online learning platform that uses a learning management system and is equipped with interactive features. They should learn about food poisoning and its impacts and make them understand the fundamental cause of the germs’ development and growth .you can also show them how germs grow. For example, you can show the growth of germs in milk while they grow into curd or keep cooked vegetables for more than 12 hours, and you can also teach them thoroughly about the good germs and bad bacteria.
How One Can Identify The Bacteria?
- When food stinks.
- When cooked material leaves to water or foul smell comes from it.
- Vegetables or fruits which get discolored or turn blackish.
- Street foods stink or have large amounts of oil.
- Eggs that don’t float on the water. They can enjoy the experiment while testing this.
Now the question arises about teaching them to stay away from germs. So following are some of the best methods through which they can learn as well as enjoy the process –
- Washing hands – although washing hands is very common but yet very important. So small children should know why washing hands are necessary. Ask them about handwashing and why hand needs to be well washed before handling the food items. Use the magnifying glass to see their hand and teach them how minute particles are present and what they can cause in our body. Let them explore and see by themselves. It will make them more versatile.
- Try to include children in different activities and make the learning more fun and adventure –
- Involve the children in the supermarket where they can analyze the food items and expiry date. Teach them to look at things carefully, such as the expiry and manufacturing date of the product.
- Always teach them to look at new things and how to find green vegetables.
- Please help them to organize the fridge and the compartment. Try to put a pictorial representation of fruits and vegetables above their compartment so that they can understand it easily. Like that in the middle compartment, you can put all the dairy products. And side corner all masala etc. Put the marks or stickers to show what consists of the fridge and their pictorial representation. Parents can keep in check student activity just like attendance management software does to find out whether they are learning or not.
As a child, they will learn from their parents, so parents should follow many health and hygiene products –
- Always clean your hands properly before going to the kitchen.
- Try to avoid Using things directly from the market.
- Keep the shelf and kitchen more clean and hygienic.
- Learn which food belongs in which place in the fridge, like curd and other dairy products, right away.
- Please pack a lunch using the incubator or hot pot to avoid getting damaged.
While these things can be taken care of when the child is present at home so in case they are in school during lunchtime, you can teach them the following adictos –
- Please encourage them to put leftover items in the dustbin. Including the wrapping paper also.
- If there is a canteen present in school, teach them to use the fridge of the canteen to keep their lunch.
- Teach them to have good water drinks.
- During the winter session, instruct them to eat in the sunlight.
These are the few things that can be taught to the children to manage their hygiene. They need to be cleaned appropriately and maintain healthy And Food Safety etiquette.