TVs are pretty amazing devices when it comes to streaming content. But what if you want to access content from a 3rd party app that’s not available on LG TV? Don’t worry – there are several ways to do this. In this blog post, we’ll outline four methods for downloading 3rd party apps like HBO Max on LG TV. So whether you’re looking for a specific app or just want to expand your streaming options, read on for more information.
Did you know that you could mirror material to your Smart TV screen using Google Chromecast and hardware? You may access all content from websites like Netflix, the Google Play Store, YouTube, and other well-known apps using Google Chromecast.
- Take the Chromecast and insert it into the HDMI port on your TV.
- When you see the Chromecast logo on the TV screen, continue pressing the input button and power buttons on the TV.
- Install the app from the Google Play store if you plan to link Chromecast with a computer or mobile device.
- After installing, you will be asked to log in with your selected Google account when you click the Get Started button.
- Choose the New Devices icon by pressing the Get Started button once more.
- The Chromecast app will recognize the new device. When the Seen symbol shows on the screen, click it.
- Select yes to proceed when a code is delivered to your LG smart TV.
- The name of the Chromecast device must be entered.
- Proceed to screencast to your television after entering the name.
- Make sure both devices are linked to the same network so you may utilize Google Chromecast.
Recent LG smart TVs have a built-in ScreenShare feature that enables screencasting from any PC or Android device. SmartShare is sadly not supported on iOS devices.
- To begin, make sure your device is on the same network as your TV.
- Next, click the menu icon on your LG Smart television to see if the SmartShare app is present.
- Open the ScreenShare app on the TV, and turn on the listening mode by selecting the button.
- To access it, choose the Settings icon on your Android device.
- To open, navigate to the Screen Mirroring icon and tap it.
- Choose the media list that you want to play from the options.
- Your phone will search for and find your TV.
- To connect, choose your television from the list.
- When both devices are connected, your phone’s screen will appear on your LG smart TV.
Before installing an app on a device from a different manufacturer, you can first see if it is offered in the LG content store. There is a built-in LG content store on all LG smart TVs where you can find various supported apps. Ensure your tv is plugged into the internet to access WebOS.
By going to the LG content store, install a third-party app using the following steps:
- Click the Home button on the remote to start.
- A More App icon can be seen in the screen’s bottom-left corner. Toggle it.
- Go to the LG Content Store by navigating there.
- To access the apps, click the Premium symbol.
- Four alternative column choices are available.
- Press the Apps icon from the list of options to see a variety of apps.
- Choose the app you wish to install from the list, then click the Download button.
- Once the program has been successfully downloaded, click Install to launch it.
- The installed apps list will display the app after it has been launched.
You may not be aware of this, but you can use an Amazon Fire Stick to load your LG smart TV with all sorts of extras. Here’s how to get about the Fire Stick’s interface, in case you’re a first-time user.
- To enter the Fire Stick configuration screen, press the Play button.
- You’ll be prompted to choose your preferred language.
- When you give the go-ahead, Fire Stick will begin looking for a suitable network. The only way to go online is to type in your Wi-username Fi’s and password.
- You may follow the on-screen prompts to set everything up. Just do what they say and sign up!
After signing up, you can use the Fire Stick to access third-party app stores and download material that is unavailable via LG’s content portal. These are the steps for using Fire Stick:
- Start by utilizing an HDMI connection to link the Fire Stick to your LG smart TV.
- Once you’ve located an available outlet, connect the power adapter to it.
- Turn on the TV using the remote control.
- To activate the Amazon Fire Stick, access the TV’s input menu and make your selection there.
- Ensure that every electronic is linked to the internet through Wi-Fi.
- The next step is to launch your favorite web browser on Fire Stick and look for the app store’s website for the program you wish to install.
- Installing the application requires downloading the APK file.
If you’re still having trouble downloading apps on your LG TV, there’s no need to worry. The LG support team is available to help you with any questions. Call the customer support number or visit the website to get in touch with a customer service representative.
There are workarounds available even though LG TVs do not permit the installation of third-party software. Utilizing gadgets like the Mi stick or Amazon Firestick is the greatest option. Even if the Play Store does not have the program you require, you can still download the APK file. Once the APK is downloaded, you may start using it right away.
LG Smart TV offers an impressive range of features and apps to make your viewing experience more enjoyable. If you’re looking for a way to download third-party apps on your LG Smart TV, we’ve shown you four ways that you can download third-party apps on your LG TV.