How to go live on TikTok: TikTok, one of the most popular social media applications, has seen a considerable increase in its user base. Since its launch, TikTok has added several new features that allow its users to better engage with their followers. Going live is a function that allows TikTokers to broadcast to their audience while also interacting with them in real-time.
From makeup tutorials to cooking sessions, TikTok Lives offers creators and brands a unique way to extend their reach and connect with their existing community. Besides, it allows users to send gifts to creators during live streams that can be exchanged for cash.
However, before a user goes live, they must have a certain number of followers and be of legal age in their country of residence. Are you thinking about how to go live on TikTok? Let’s read this article and learn.
Table of Contents
The steps to take to go live on TikTok
Once you have gained access to TikTok, becoming live is relatively straightforward.
Using the home screen, select the icon for Create (the big plus icon at the bottom of the home screen)
Go to the live area of the website.
Select a picture and a name for the feed displayed on the stream.
Click the “Go Live” button to begin streaming your video when you’re ready.
Have you completed your viewing of the video? To close the window, click the X in the upper-left corner.
Observe these steps to operate a successful TikTok live stream.
What should you do to go live on TikTok?
Before you can begin live streaming on TikTok, you must complete the following steps:
Get the app and then install it on your device. To get started, download the TikTok app to your smartphone or tablet if you haven’t already. The process of creating a TikTok account is free. After a successful beta test in December 2021, TikTok began offering a desktop version of its live studio software, although only in select regions and with too few consumers. For the time being, most consumers will have to use the TikTok smartphone app or a third-party streaming tool to broadcast on the platform.
Confirm that you have permission to broadcast in real-time. The ability to stream live video is only offered to many TikTok users. It is necessary to have at least 1,000 followers and be at least 16 years old.
Find out if you are eligible for gift cards by filling out the form below. If you’re at least 18 years old and stream on TikTok, you can earn gift points for your efforts. Gifts are a means for people to support their favorite TikTok streamers by donating to them. More information on generating money with TikTok can be found in the sections that follow this one.
Make sure to interact with the audience. Once you have planned your Live content, it’s time for lights, cameras, and action. However, TikTok Live is not a platform where you can simply deliver messages to the screen. This particular platform rewards interaction with your audience. Therefore, it is important to make significant videos to interact with the audience.
Don’t break any of the rules that TikTok has set forth. For those interested in becoming TikTak live streamers, there are various rules and requirements to adhere to. Before streaming on TikTok, ensure you have thoroughly reviewed the platform’s community guidelines.
Never ever forget to put a call to action (CTA). Before wrapping up your stream, you must deliver a quick summary and CTA. It will encourage viewers to follow you, visit your site, and check out other content on your TikTok profile.
10 TikTok Live Video Best Practices to Keep in Mind
When developing your live approach, TikTok has developed a list of considerations to bear in mind to make your video stand out:
- You should go live at a moment when your audience is the most active on the site, if possible. Streaming and scrolling when they’re online is the most effective method of getting on TikTok’s For You Page.
- Live sessions are limited to 60 minutes. However, TikTok recommends spending 30 minutes or less to get the most outstanding results possible.
- Make a video before you go live to keep your audience interested and engaged. A unique emblem that appears on live broadcasters’ streams when their viewers see your content can be a great benefit to them.
- Good lighting can make a significant difference in the overall quality of your video. When setting up your life, consider using a ring lamp or a well-lit location with enough natural light to help you see better.
- Make sure there isn’t a lot of background noise in the room. Constantly broadcast from a peaceful location to ensure that your viewers hear and understand what you are saying.
- It is vital to have a reliable Internet connection for a stream to function properly. Spend your money wisely and thoroughly test everything before going live!
- Maintain the same camera position throughout your stream to avoid a shaky (and dizzy) experience.
- While a script isn’t required, having a straightforward approach for your Livestream will help you stay on track and on schedule. Use cue cards or a list of talking points to keep the conversation on topic.
- The best part about participating in TikTok Live is interacting with your audience in real-time. Engage your audience in the dialogue by responding to their comments, questions, or requests to establish a closer relationship with them.
- Comments on a Livestream can be regulated by filtering them, muting viewers who post, or even preventing someone from viewing the stream.
Being visible online can be a powerful tool for increasing awareness of your company, generating leads, and even driving sales. In addition, it allows you to connect with members of your community on a more intimate level. It’s time to put you out there on TikTok and see what happens!
TikTok has enormous potential for garnering a following and increasing the reputation of your company or organization. When you use live streaming, it’s easy to engage with your customers and create a community around your brand. If you’re a TikTok user who wants to make money from live broadcasting, there are various opportunities available to you. To broadcast live on TikTok, you can use Restream’s powerful, professional, and engaging live streaming capabilities, which are available here. Once you’ve done so, you can distribute your broadcast across multiple channels simultaneously.
With the help of this article, We hope you will be able to understand how to go live on TikTok. It is now time to begin streaming!
Does TikTok pay when you go live?
Yes, TikTok’s Live Gifts feature allows creators to earn diamonds that are part of the platform’s virtual currency. The diamonds can be exchanged for IRL cash.
How much does TikTok pay per 1,000 views?
The TikTok Creator Fund pays between 2 and 4 cents for every 1,000 views. It adds up to only $20 to $40 for a million views.
How much is 1 diamond in TikTok?
Every TikTok diamond is worth 5 cents, or $0.05. Hence, 1000 diamonds will amount to $50 in real money.