An undeniable truth is that the remote controls have been around for so long, that people have always found inventive ways to misplace them. Roku streaming devices like this necessitate an even more significant number of remotes to lose. Don’t panic if you’ve misplaced your Roku remote. The good news is that you don’t have to worry if you’ve lost the Roku remote and have no wifi any longer. Are you juggling with a Roku tv no remote no wifi? Use the troubleshooting and remote recovery techniques listed below to get your Roku streaming again.
Use Roku App for Android and iPhone
Download RoSpikes From Google Play Store
Download RoByte From Google Play Store and iOS
Are you thinking about what to do if you lost your Roku remote? In the unlikely event that something dreadful happens to your Roku remote, such as dropping it in the fish tank or having your dog break it, the remote will most likely appear sooner or later. Sometimes all you need is something to keep you watching content till one day you move the couch, and it’s found in the dust.
Roku’s official app is a lifesaver! Few things are more essential to us than what it accomplishes on our behalf.
Why use the official Roku app to replace your lost Roku remote?
- Using the Up, Down, Left, Right, Center, Back, Play / Pause, and Home buttons on the Roku app is like using the hardware Roku remote in a virtual environment.
- Apps (also known as channels) for the Roku streaming media player are now available for smartphone users to download (making it much easier than entering Private Roku Channel Codes using the physical Roku remote)
- If you’re tired of the obnoxious Roku remote control, you can use your phone as a virtual keyboard instead.
Also read: How to Disable WIFI Calling
Remove the Batteries
More methods are available if you don’t have a missing Roku tv remote app without wifi but rather a broken one. Taking the batteries out of the Roku control and putting them back in is surprisingly straightforward and works more often than expected. Occasionally, this fixes any troubles you may be having with your Roku remote not pairing.
The Hard Reset
Using this method is a common fix for a good reason. It just works, for some reason. It’s simple to perform a Roku remote hard reset. Just keep reading to find out what happens next:
- Disconnect the power cord from the outlet.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the device
Please wait a few minutes for your device to restart and complete its initial setup. Try your remote again when it’s ready. If all goes well, you’ll be back in the game!
Connect Roku through Ethernet and use the Phone App
Even though you’ll still need to use your WiFi for other devices, you can get around Roku WiFi issues by using this method. There are several advantages to this option, including that wired connections tend to be faster and more stable than wireless connections.
Because both your phone and the Roku should be linked to your home WiFi network, synchronization should be seamless. The following points may be helpful if you’re having trouble getting your Roku to connect to WiFi: Inability to Connect Roku to WiFi.
Get a New Roku (Remote)
If all else fails, you may have to buy a new Roku Remote, which is never the first or recommended option. You might want to think about upgrading your Roku if you haven’t bought a new device. This is why it may be beneficial to get a new Roku and use the remote from that or replace your older Roku with the new one.
Why is the Remote necessary to Connect Roku to WiFi?
Owning a Roku device means you must use the remote control if you want to use your device. There are no physical buttons on the Roku, and the only way to get it connected to WiFi is through the remote control.
Lost remote to Roku tv for connecting WiFi will be a challenge. Roku devices can be connected to a WiFi network even without a remote if you are reading this post. To help you get your Roku connected to WiFi, we’ve developed a way that works. Connecting your Roku to a WiFi network is as simple as following the directions in this article.
Also read: How To Logout Of Netflix On TV
How To Connect Roku To WiFi Without Remote
Unless you have a remote, there is just one option for connecting your Roku to the WiFi. Using this procedure or purchasing a new remote will be your only option.
1. Connecting Through Digital Remote
To begin using the first way, go into your mobile device’s settings and enable mobile hotspot functionality. Next, you’ll need to give your wireless connection a new name and pick WPA2 PSK as the security model for your Mobile Hotspot.
Save your mobile Hotspot when you’ve finished the setup. Next, you’ll need to install the Roku app on your smartphone.
The Roku mobile app has a remote option at the bottom of the screen, which you can now access. Simply tap on the remote symbol once you’ve got it on your screen to use it. On the new screen, you’ll see a digital remote control. The digital remote will have the same features as the physical one.
You may now use this digital Remote like you would a physical one to link your Roku device to your WiFi network. Go to the settings and look for a wireless network to do this. Next, enter the password you’ve set up to access your account. Your Roku device will automatically connect to the WiFi network once everything has been completed according to plan.
2. Use the Old Remote If Possible
It’s possible that this isn’t your first Roku device and that you’ve had a number of them in the past. Some of the older remote controls may not work. Most likely, only those with a comparable series will be considered.
3. Customer Service Center
To begin with, if you already have a smartphone, you can skip this step. In the event of a problem, you can contact the company’s customer service department for advice.
How to connect Roku to the internet using a mobile hotspot?
Before we get started, there are a few things to keep in mind: Before activating the mobile hotspot option on your smartphone, check your wireless service plan. The methods outlined below are specific to an Android phone, but the process is the same regardless of your phone.
- Tap “Mobile Hotspot” in your phone’s Settings menu.
- Select “Set up Mobile Hotspot” from the Settings menu to access the Hotspot.
- Following a notice concerning Mobile Data consumption, you will be prompted to proceed to the next menu option. Press the OK button to continue.
- Set up Mobile Hotspot by entering the WiFi network information saved on your Roku device. You must input the SSID (network ID) and the password to proceed.
- The newly created Mobile Hotspot should be saved on your phone.
- Before activating the Mobile Hotspot, review the settings and connection instructions.
How to use your smartphone or tablet as a remote control for Roku?
You can operate a device via the app, provided that both devices are on the same WiFi network. Ensure that both your mobile device and the Roku are on the same wireless network (in this case, a mobile hotspot running on a different device).
- Open the Roku application on your device.
- The remote may be accessed by touching the Remote icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- It’s nearly identical to the hardware’s default layout when using the remote.
Swipes can replace button taps in the app’s remote layout. Changing the remote’s settings menu will allow you to alternate between the two formats.
How to update WiFi settings on a Roku without a remote?
- Launch the Roku app on a second mobile device connected to the mobile Hotspot.
- Adjust the network settings to match the new WiFi network that the Roku should be connected to.
- Connect your phone to the new WiFi network you have created for the Roku and turn off the Mobile Hotspot.
- If you have a Roku mobile app remote, use it just like a physical remote control.
- A few older Roku models have a wired ethernet connection, so that might be an option as well.
When your Roku is connected to wifi and lost the remote, this is the article you need. It’ll help you fix any problems with your Roku control or WiFi connection. It is possible to connect your Roku device to WiFi without a remote using the above method.