If you are struggling with Xbox 360 Controller Setup or facing issues with turning on your Xbox 360 controller, you must read this article. This article will be very useful for you.
In this modern period, new games are being introduced every day. Each game is developed using the latest techniques. In earlier times, we used to play games by using buttons, but in recent times, it has become very complicated. Now you can play games only by touching the screen. That is why we are facing issues with controlling these games using modern technology. Here is an example for you.
Sometimes, when we try to turn on our Xbox 360 controller, we find that it won’t turn on. You may receive an error message saying, “Please reconnect the controller.”. The message signifies that it will not be possible for you to use the Xbox controller with your 360 console. It happens for some reason. We will discuss the reasons and the best possible solutions to fix your issue with the Xbox 360 controller.
Table of Contents
What are the common reasons Xbox 360 controllers won’t power on?
There are a lot of issues that hinder the Xbox 360 controllers from functioning properly. The issues might be related to batteries, charge, play kit, or internal defects. If you put in a little effort, you will be able to solve these issues very easily. We are giving you the most common reasons why your Xbox 360 controller won’t turn on. The reasons are as follows:
Sometimes your Xbox 360 controllers won’t turn on because of a defective or dead battery. You may have installed the battery improperly, which has a great effect on the performance of the battery.
Also read: Top Xbox One Emulator for PC
If you rub or resolute the battery contacts excessively or there is excessive corrosion of the springs you may face issues while you will try to turn on your Xbox 360 controller.
Faulty charging cable
Sometimes you use a faulty charging cable for your Xbox 360 controllers. This may cause your Xbox 360 controller to not function properly.
If there is any interruption or update, your Xbox 360 will not turn on.
Sometimes, when your Xbox 360 controller is physically fit and fine from the outside, it might be broken or defective from the inside. That is why your Xbox 360 might not work properly due to damaged or defective hardware.
How to fix an Xbox 360 controller that won’t power on?
There are a lot of methods that you can follow to troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller issues. They are as follows:
Method 1: Fix the battery and power issues
The performance of your battery gets highly affected if you use any weak or dead batteries. It affects the speed of the device as well as the interaction with the user.
The possible steps to fix this issue:
If you want to fix this issue, you have to follow the steps that are given below:
- First, you have to remove the battery packs as well as the batteries.
- Then you need to push the button that can be found on the top of the battery cap. Then you have to open it and take out the batteries from the battery packs.
- Then you need to place new batteries in place of the older ones.
- Then you have to recharge the controller if you have a reusable battery pack. You can easily charge it by using a USB cable.
- Then you have to plug the console into the device so that it can be charged up and let it charge for 2-3 hours.
If you are applying this method, you have to keep the following points in mind:
- You have to check whether your Xbox 360 controller is turning on when you are using a USB cable to charge.
- You will be able to play even when your Xbox 360 is charging.
- As soon as you attach your Xbox 360 controller to the console, the light on it will turn red. As soon as it gets fully charged, the light will turn green.
- You have to check out the metal contact at the bottom of a battery pack. You will not be able to turn on the controller if it is damaged. You need to clean them.
- Then you have to check whether your battery pack is loose or trembling. If you find such issues you have to fix them. Otherwise, your controller will turn off. If this solution does not work you may check the next method.
Method 2: Clean corrosion and use the new battery pack
- You have to get a new Xbox 360 controller battery pack.
- Then you have to put the new pair of fresh AA batteries into the box and fix it into the controller.
- Then you have to check whether there is any corrosion on the springs where you have placed the battery pack.
- Then you have to apply the white vinegar to the earbuds and clean the corrosion from the springs.
- Then you need to fix the battery pack and try to switch on the controller.
- You must use sandpaper to rub corrosion off the springs if you find issues turning on your controller.
- You may also use isopropyl alcohol to clean the springs.
- Then you have to turn on the controller as soon as the installation of the battery pack is done. You will find the controller functioning. If this method does not work to fix your issues, you may try the following method given below.
Also read: How To Use Xbox 360 Controller On PS3
Method 3: Disable Interferences connection
- First, you have to turn off the console and try to connect the controller again. You have to keep your Xbox 360 off for a minimum of 5 seconds.
- As soon as you turn it on, you have to reconnect the controller by following the simple steps that are as follows:
- You have to continue pressing and holding the ‘X’ but ‘o’ to turn on the controller.
- Then you have to press the connect button on your controller within 20 seconds.
- You have to place the controller within the Xbox console. As soon as you find that the lights have stopped blinking on the console, you have to understand that your Xbox 360 controller has been connected to the console.
- Then you have to remove all the wireless devices such as Microwaves, Wireless Routers, and Laptops between your Xbox consoles if you want to get a better connection.
- Then you have to remove all the physical obstacles between your Xbox 360 controller and your console.
- Then you have to place your Xbox near the range of the controller.
You should know that you can connect four controllers at the same time. If you have already attached four controllers, your controller will not connect. If you find that this method is not working properly to fix your issues, you may check the next method.
Method 4: Reset your Xbox 360
If the above-mentioned solutions do not work and you are still facing issues, you need to reset your Xbox controller. You have to contact Microsoft Support before applying this method. You have to get recommendations from Microsoft before doing this. Then you have to follow the steps that are given below to start the process of resetting your Xbox 360 controller.
- First, you have to keep pressing the sync button that is visible on the front of the console 360 for 30 seconds.
- You have to keep your Xbox powered on.
- You will find the lights blinking and whirling.
- If you keep holding the button for 30 seconds, the lights will turn off.
- Then you have to unplug the power plug from the wall socket.
- You have to remove all input devices that are connected to the Xbox console.
- Then you have to wait for up to 5 minutes. Then you need to plug in the power plug to the switch.
- Then you have to try to connect all input devices and connect your Xbox 360 controller to your console. If this method does not work you may try the next method.
Method 5: Faulted hardware
Sometimes you will find that your Xbox controller is not getting turned on because there is faulty or broken internal hardware. You cannot understand what the problem is inside if you do not open it. If you have tried all the above-mentioned methods and still your Xbox controller is not getting turned on, you have to unscrew your controller with a screwdriver.
If you want to know whether the problem is with your controller or your Xbox console, you have to try to connect your wired or wireless controller to a different device, like a PC. If you find that the problem is with your controller you have to try the above-mentioned solutions so that you can fix your issues very easily. If you find issues with your Xbox console, you have to find out the exact problem and try to fix it.
However, if you still face problems and your Xbox controllers do not function properly despite trying all the possible solutions, you have to contact Microsoft’s help service or buy a new Xbox 360 controller.
The Bottom Line
We have provided you with all the possible solutions so that you can fix the problem that you are facing with your Xbox 360 controller. If you find a solution on how to turn on an Xbox 360 controller that you are not getting turned on,. You have to apply these above-mentioned methods one by one so that your controllers start to function properly. You will be able to play games on Windows machines. Moreover, you can use any game console with Windows 10. Xbox is one of the most popular consoles that can be connected to your PC or laptop running Windows. Here is a step-by-step guide for solving the issues that you are facing with your Xbox controller. Now you have to read this article to know about the best solutions for fixing the issues when your Xbox 360 controller won’t turn on.
How will you fix the Xbox One controller that is not turning on?
If you want to fix the Xbox One controller that is not turning on, you have to follow the steps that are given below:
You have to check whether the batteries are weak or dead and replace them with new ones.
If there are rechargeable batteries on your Xbox controller, you have to recharge the batteries.
Will the Xbox 360 controller work on a PC?
Yes, Xbox 360 controllers work perfectly on PCs. You will be able to play a lot of PC games by using an Xbox controller 360 in place of a keyboard or mouse. You will be able to install the Xbox 360 controllers without any difficulties on any PC with Windows 10 and a USB port for getting connected.
Can you recharge the Xbox 360 controller batteries?
Yes, you can power the Xbox 360 wireless controller by using the AA disposable batteries as well as by using the Xbox 360 rechargeable battery pack.
Why is your Xbox 360 controller blinking and not connecting?
If you want to fix the blinking Xbox 360 controller, you have to unplug it and then try to reconnect it to your computer. You may use this method if you are using a wired Xbox 360 controller. If you are using a wireless Xbox 360 controller, you have to unplug and try to reconnect your Bluetooth receiver.
Why is my Xbox controller not connecting?
If your Xbox controller is not connected, you have to check whether the battery back of the controller is attached properly and plugged into one of the USB ports of the console. There are USB ports on the console at both the front and rear. If you find that your controller is functioning in one USB port but not in another, you have to put another USB device in the port where the controller was not functioning.