HOW TO SOLVE PROBLEM WITH WIRELESS ADAPTER OR ACCESS POINT
SOLVED: PROBLEM WITH WIRELESS ADAPTER OR ACCESS POINT
Oh no! Lost your internet connection? You notice that you can not access your wireless network as usual, and then run Windows Network Diagnostics. Therefore, you see this error saying the problem with the adapter or wireless access points. Do not panic. Usually, it is an easy problem to solve. In this guide, you will learn the full process step by step to fix this problem. How to Solve Problem With Wireless Adapter or Access Point. Read on and find out how to Solve Problem With Wireless Adapter or Access Point.
In computer networking, a wireless access point (WAP), or more generally any access point (AP) is a network hardware device that enables other Wi-Fi devices to connect to a network cable. The AP usually connects to a router (via a cable network) as a standalone device, but it can also be part of the router itself. An access point is differentiated from one access point is a physical location where Wi-Fi access is available.
An access point connects directly to a wired LAN, typically Ethernet, and the AP then provides wireless connections using wireless LAN technology, usually Wi-Fi to other devices using this wired. Access points support connecting multiple wireless devices with their wired connection.
Some people confuse the wireless access points with wireless ad hoc networks. An ad hoc network uses a connection between two or more devices without using a wireless access point; Devices communicate directly when in range. Because the installation is easy and does not require an access point, an ad hoc network is used in situations such as fast data exchange or multiplayer video games. Because of its layout, peer-to-peer ad hoc wireless connections are similar to the links available via Bluetooth.
Ad hoc connections are not generally recommended for permanent installation. Internet access via ad hoc networks, using features such as Windows Internet Connection Sharing, may work well with a small number of devices that are near to each other but doesn’t work well with the ad hoc scale networks. Internet traffic will converge to the nodes with a direct connection to the Internet, potentially congesting these nodes. For nodes compatible with Internet access points have a distinct advantage with the ability to have a wired LAN.
How to Solve Problem With Wireless Adapter or Access Point ??
FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS/SOLUTIONS:
Step 1 – Switch to the wired connection
Using a wired connection on a laptop kills the mood. However, if you are unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network, you have no choice, at least until the problem is solved.
Then, connect your laptop to your router with the LAN cable. If Wi-Fi is the only problem, you must link to the Internet without any issues.
Besides, since some of the solutions may require an Internet connection, we recommend you keep this LAN cable with you until we find a suitable solution.
If you are still unable to connect to the Internet, even if you use the wired connection, something is wrong with your router. In this case, we recommend that you read this article.
Step 2 – Delete your wireless profile
Sometimes your wireless configuration profile may be damaged. This can cause problems with the adapter point or wireless access, and other errors appear.
To resolve this issue, users suggest using the option to forget the network or to delete the wireless profile. To remove the wireless profile, do the following:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator. To do this, press the Windows + X to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- After that a window will open as Administrator-Command Prompt, then enter netsh WLAN delete profile name = “WirelessProfileName” and press Enter. Make sure to replace WirelessProfileName with the actual name of your wireless connection.
Once finished, you need to reconnect and reconfigure the network to solve the problems of the wireless adapter.
Step 3 – Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed
These problems usually occur because of outdated drivers. For correct, you need to update your drivers.
To do this, visit the manufacturer’s website for your network card, locate your device, and download the latest drivers for it.
You can also try installing the driver’s CD that you have with your wireless adapter. Installing drivers from a CD is an excellent solution if you do not have an Internet connection.
However, keep in mind that these drivers are probably not the last.
Research and downloading drivers manually can be long, tedious, and risky. Therefore, you can use this update driver software automatically downloads and installs the necessary drivers.
Microsoft and Norton Antivirus verify this tool. After several tests, our team concluded that this is the best-automated solution. Below you will find a quick solution on how to do this.
- Download and install Driver Updater TweakBit.
- Once you finished installing, the program will start scanning your PC for outdated drivers automatically. Driver Updater will check your driver versions installed on its recent cloud data of the basic versions and made appropriate days to recommend. All you need to have is patience for the scan to complete.
- At the end of the analysis, you get a report on all the problems of drivers found on your PC. Review the list and if you want to update each driver individually or all at once. To update a driver at a time, click the driver link update “next to the name of the driver. Or click on the” Update all “button below to automatically install all recommended updates.
Step 4 – Check if your password is correct
It would help if you always secured your Wi-Fi network with a password. Sometimes it may be possible that you might be ending up by entering the wrong password while trying to connect to the wireless network.
To solve this problem, disconnect from your network and reconnect again, but make sure your password is correct.
Users reported that in some rare cases, your keyboard could enter different characters, mostly if you use other input languages on your PC. Therefore, make sure you check your password.
Step 5 – Use Command Prompt
According to users, you can troubleshoot wireless connection problems by executing some of Command Prompt commands. For that, proceed as follows:
- Start Command Prompt as administrator.
- When the command prompt starts, enter the following lines:
- netsh Winsock reset
- netsh int IP reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
After running all the commands, shut Command Prompt and see if the problem is resolved.
Step 6 – Remove your antivirus software
Antivirus software is essential to your online security. Unfortunately, some antivirus programs may interfere with your wireless connection and cause problems with wireless adapter or access point error.
To resolve this issue, you must disable or temporarily remove all third-party antivirus tools on your PC. Users have reported that McAfee was the cause of this problem.
Also, keep in mind that almost all antivirus tools can cause this problem.
Step 7 – Check if your wireless adapter is disabled
You might encounter these types of problems if your wireless adapter is disabled. Your network card may be disabled after installing a third-party application.
Be sure to check if your network card is activated. For that, proceed as follows:
- Hold Windows Key + X and select Device Manager from the list of options.
- When the open Device Manager, locate your wireless adapter and double click it to open its properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and look for the Enable button. If you do not see the Enable button, it means that your device is on and working.
Step 8 – Change the name and password of your Wi-Fi connection
According to users, you can solve this problem by simply changing the name and password of your wireless network.
This is a relatively simple procedure. If you do not know how to do, see your router’s instruction manual for details.
Step 9 – Reset your router
This error can be caused by poor router configuration. According to users, you can resolve this problem by resetting your router.
To do this, press the reset button on your router, or open the router settings and select the reset option.
Before resetting your router, you can save and export your configuration, so you do not have to enter it manually.
For more information on how to reset your router or how to export the configuration of your router, be sure to check the manual for your router.
Step 10 – Check for Windows Updates
Microsoft partners with many equipment manufacturers. Therefore, there is a legitimate chance that you will get your wireless adapter update via Windows Update.
Then, connect the LAN cable and check the updates.
If there is a new update for your router, the system will install automatically.
Step 11- Update and Reset the Bios
- Press the Windows Key + X logo on the keyboard and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Expand Network Adapters and look for the wireless network card in the window.
- Right-click the wireless adapter and select Update the software in the context menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the full Update.
- After the software update is complete, close the window and see if the changes are significant.
- If the problem persists, download and install the latest network and wireless card drivers more compatible with the website and the manufacturer’s control if the issue is resolved.
Disclaimer: Sometimes updating Bios might be risky if you’re not doing it properly.
It can harm your motherboard too.
Even it can stop working Forever, be careful with it.
FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
1. From the beginning menu, open the “Control Panel”.
2. From the electrical device search box, sort “adapter”. Next, choose read Network Connections from the Network and Sharing Centre choice from the search results listed.
3. After that, the window can open, Locate the icon of your wireless adapter.
4. Select Disable from the drop-down choices once Right-clicking the icon. Enter your administrator parole to produce confirmation if a prompt seems.
5. Again, Right-click the icon. Select “Enable” from the menu. If prompt seems, enter your admin info once more.
6. To verify the reset and to check the affiliation, open a webpage.
7. From the beginning Menu, open the electrical device into the electrical device search box, sort Adapter. From the search results listed, choose the “View Network Connections” choice from the “Network and Sharing Center” section.
8. In the window that opens, find the icon of your wireless adapter.
9. Select “Disable” from the drop-down choices by right-clicking the icon. Enter your administrator parole to produce confirmation if a prompt seems.
10. Right-click the icon once more. Choose “Enable” from the menu. If the confirmation prompt seems, enter your admin info once more.
11. Open a webpage to verify the reset and to check the affiliation.
1. Drivers may be expired, i.e. we need to make sure that we have the latest drivers installed.
2. You must have entered the password correctly, and it is essential to secure your network with a password.
3. Antivirus Software needs to be removed else sometimes it can create problems with wireless adapters or access points.
4. Make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Your network adapter might be disabled after installing some third-party application, so make sure that it is enabled.
To check this, you need to go to your product’s official website and see the version of windows in which your adapter will work and then change the windows version accordingly if required.
In this article, we have tried to discuss the most basic causes of wireless network connectivity problems or access points and the solutions to it. We have tried our best to explain the solutions in detail by mentioning step by step. We hope you will follow this and your problem will be solved.
Meet the Author
Thank You for visiting our blog. It's your web admin of The Techno Ninja we hope you will enjoy our blog feel free to suggest any suggestion. Also please Subscribe to our push notification If you find helpful things in our blog to keep us motivated. We will try to deliver the best possible solution, review and update in our blog. Thank YouLearn more