More than 431 million people use Pinterest every month. Pinterest is nothing but a search engine that is used by people all over the world to fulfill their different types of interests. For Pinterest account holders, it is quite natural to be eager to see who stalks your Pinterest. You will be able to know your Pinterest profile views as well as the audience. Once you become successful in knowing your main audience, you will be able to change the strategy of your future content without any difficulty.
Now the question that peeps into our minds is, “Can you see who views your Pinterest?” In this article, we are going to discuss this topic in detail.
Table of Contents
A Short Overview On Pinterest
Pinterest is nothing but an online pinboard that enables you to share and analyze new attractions as well as make suggestions. In this visual discovery engine, you will be able to find ideas about home decorations, fashion trends, healthy living, and many more. If you want to share and explore new ideas and interests, you have to post images and videos on your boards. This process is called pinning on the app. According to the themes that the boards signify, they are grouped. You can be redirected to the website of origin for each pin. This signifies that you are allowed to revisit the real source of the image or video whenever you want.
Bloggers and market owners make use of Pinterest as a powerful marketing tool as it can communicate with the users who view their pins. You can do this by liking, sharing, and spinning images on Pinterest. This enables you to know your audience’s interests and choices. In this way, you will be able to create content that will fulfill their requirements.
Can You See Who Viewed Your Profile On Pinterest?
There are several social media platforms, for example, LinkedIn, that come up with a unique feature enabling you to get a notification as soon as another user takes a visit to your profile on Pinterest. You will get a notification as soon as you try to get access to the site. Not only that, but you will also be notified through email. In this way, you will be able to know the people who have an interest in you.
Does Pinterest Tell You When Someone Views Your Pins?
If you want to get information about the visitors to your profile on Pinterest, you must have a business account and a verified website on Pinterest. In this way, Pinterest Analytics can track who clicks your pins and save your pins from your verified account. In this way, you will be able to know who has viewed your profile or pins.
Previously, the users followed different types of steps to know the people who had repinned their pins. The steps are as follows:
- First, the users need to log in to their business account on Pinterest.
- On the upper right, they will be able to see a magnifying glass icon. They need to click on that icon that will reveal the Pinterest search bar.
- Then they have to enter the line in the search box that is “simply replace your domain.com” with the URL of your claimed website. https://www.ponterest.com/source/yourdomain .com
- To see the results, you have to press the enter button on your keyboard.
It is good news that a new feature has been introduced on Pinterest Analytics, with which you will be able to trace engagements on only your original pins. The pins that do not link back to your website are not included here. If you use this, you do not need to remember the long URLs. You can access the information with just a few clicks without any difficulty.
There are steps that enable you “how to tell if someone is looking at your Pinterest”. The steps are as follows:
- First, you need to log into your business account on Pinterest.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, you will be able to see your profile picture. You have to click on it.
- You have to click the Created tab in the upper right corner of the screen on the next page.
- Then you have to pick a pin if you want to view the stats for each one.
- If you want to disclose precise information, you have to click See more stats.
Also read: View Private Instagram
What Type Of Information Will You Receive About People Who Stalked Your Profile On Pinterest?
You have to view the pin stats individually if you want to receive the audience statistics in detail. By doing this, you will be able to know the following things, which are given below:
- Who tried to repin your pins?
- At what time they were repinned?
- The profile of the competitors that he or she follows
- Categories and interests that they follow
You will be able to get stats about the visitors to your page as soon as you claim it on your website or blog. You will be able to receive the data from the users who have tried to communicate with your pins. Interest will be collected from them. The data that you will be able toise are as follows:
- The device used to get access to Pinterest
If you want to see these above-mentioned stats you have to follow the simple steps that are mentioned below:
- First, you have to log in to your business account on Pinterest.
- You have to click on Analytics on the dashboard of Pinterest.
- You have to pick the option Audience Insights from the drop-down menu.
Also read: How to Check Who Is Stalking Your Instagram
How Will You Stop Someone From Viewing Your Profile On Pinterest
If you want to stop someone from viewing your profile on Pinterest you can do this very easily. Not only that you are also able to stop someone from following you, messaging you, or interacting with your pins. You have to block the user if you want to do this.
How to block someone on Pinterest
If you want to block any user you have to just click on his or her profile, then you have to click on the three dots, and at last, you will be able to get the block option. You just have to press the block option and the user will be blocked at once. But after blocking the user you may see the users appear in search, feeds, and group boards. The pins that you have saved will stay on your profile. You have to remove those pins one by one.
If you want to keep your pins invisible from other people you may use Secret Boards. Your secret boards can only be viewed by you only until you invite another person. If you want more privacy you may change your name. If you want to create secret boards you have to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- First, you have to log in to your account on Pinterest.
- Then you have to click on your profile picture that will be shown in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Then you have to click on the board you want to keep confidential.
- You have to click on the three dots that will be shown on the right-hand side of the board.
- Then you must scroll down and click on the “keep this board secret” option.
- At last, you have to click on the “Done” option to save this.
By doing this, secret boards will not be shown up on your profile or in searches. You are also allowed to use secret boards to keep your drafts private if you are worried about disclosing some messages by mistake before it is ready to publish.
Anyone will not be able to find your pins as soon as you hide them. To enable anyone to see your pin you have to invite him or her.
What Are The Consequences Of Blocking Someone
As soon as you block someone on Pinterest they will not be able to do the following works that are mentioned below:
- They will not be able to follow you anymore.
- They will be no longer able to send you a message.
- They will not be able to see your boards anymore.
- They will not be able to interact with your pins anymore.
- They will not be able to see the pins that you have saved in their feed anymore.
- They will not be able to view your profile anymore.
Moreover, if the person whom you have blocked is in your group, they will not be able to take part in any of your group boards anymore.
What Are The Advantages Of Pinterest
There are a lot of advantages to using Pinterest. They are as follows:
- Pinterest is no doubt beneficial for blogs and websites. A lot of blogs and websites are taking advantage of Pinterest in recent times.
- You can use this platform for any type of promotion. It is one of the best social media marketing platforms.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Using Pinterest
There are a lot of disadvantages too. They are as follows:
- The only drawback of this platform is that it only believes in images.
- They do not ensure that your data will not be leaked or stolen by other users.
What is the purpose of using Pinterest?
With the visual discovery unit Pinterest, you will be able to find ideas like recipes, home, style inspiration, and many more. As soon as you like any pin you may save them to boards so that they are kept organized. You will be able to find it very easily.
Do I need to pay any charges for using Pinterest?
You should know that Pinterest is a free website. You have to register yourself using this website. You can get the services through a web browser as well as apps available for iOS, Android, and Windows 10 PCs.
Who is the founder of Pinterest?
Ben Silbermann, Evan Sharp, and Paul Sciarra are the founders of Pinterest. They founded it in March 2010.
To Sum Up
There is indeed no such particular way to see who stalks your Pinterest account. But there are other ways to get a lot of information about the people who tried to repine your pins. You will be able to know about the audience in this way if you get all the information. You may make use of Pinterest Analytics if you want to get info about your audience. If you want to keep yourself anonymous you can make use of secret boards. This will help you to stop someone from viewing any of your pins. If you do not like to interact with someone or do not want that they follow they can block them very easily.