If you are a frequent user of Snapchat, you must have noticed that the app now allows users to freeze their location on Snapchat. This particular Snapchat map hack lets you keep your location static for a period of time. The location won’t be updated constantly as you move around.
This Snapmap hack is really useful to share a location with someone without letting them know the actual location. In this post, we will discuss how to pause Snapchat location. Snap Map is the company’s location tracking app that is used by Snapchat to track a user’s location. To prevent the Snapchat app from accessing your present location, the user has to enable Ghost Mode on this app or turn it off.
Location is one of the most significant factors that thousands of companies use. It provides personalized experiences to its target customers. When a user accesses the app, Snapchat updates the location.
Now, users can change their location history on Snapchat. Also, they can update their location. Snapchat users can now change their location history or limit other people from seeing their exact location history on Snap maps.
However, enabling Ghost Mode is the best option. To block the app from accessing the location, the user has to change the setting on the phone.
Table of Contents
How to Freeze Location on Snapchat
Already, we have mentioned that pausing or freezing Snapchat locations is important for users’ safety concerns. Now, we are going to discuss the possible methods of freezing locations on Snapchat.
In this particular section, we will discover the first possible way to get rid of being tracked on Snapchat, and that is by enabling Ghost Mode. The following steps will let you do this:
- First, you have to open the Snapchat app on your mobile device.
- Next, tap on the location icon to visit the Snap Map.
- Now tap on the settings icon in the top-right corner.
- Then toggle on the Ghost Mode button.
- Finally, you have to select the particular period you find suitable.
Now, your friends on the Snapchat app can’t see your location unless you accept their request. Users can enable the Ghost Mode for 3 hours, 24 hours, or until it is turned off.
To make sure that you are in Ghost Mode without navigating to the Settings section, you have to check your Bitmoji on Snap Map. If you can see the Snapchat logo in blue instead of yellow, you are in Ghost Mode. Otherwise, you have to follow the above-mentioned procedures again thoroughly.
Moving to another way to pause your location on Snapchat, we will now show how to pause snap location.
Why do users freeze their location on Snapchat?
There are various reasons why someone wants to freeze their location on Snapchat. One of the main reasons behind freezing the location is privacy.
By default, Snapchat shares users’ locations with all their friends. But many users don’t want everyone to know exactly where they are at all times. Freezing your location can let you maintain more control over your personal information and who will have access to it.
Security concerns are another reason behind freezing the location on Snapchat. Suppose you are traveling to a new place, you may not want to broadcast your location to everyone on your Snapchat friends list. Otherwise, if you are in a situation where you don’t feel safe, freezing your location helps you to stay hidden and avoid drawing unwanted attention to yourself.
Also, there may be other reasons to freeze Snapchat location. Suppose you are attending an event you don’t wanna be associated with on social media or want to take a break from the app and disconnect for a while.
So, whatever the reason is, you must understand how to freeze Snapchat location so that you can maintain your personal information and use the app safely.
How Does Freezing Snapchat Location Benefit You?
In this digital era, location is a significant factor that thousands of companies use to provide target customers with personalized experiences. For example, if a company knows you are loving in Sydney, there will be a high chance that you will see online advertisements promoting local restaurants.
This is an effective way to gather customer insights and behaviors. Thus, it increases the quality of your total time on social media. Also, many people are not comfortable with location tracking due to hidden dangers while sharing position history that you are not aware of.
Hence, freezing location on Snapchat would benefit you in multiple ways. Mainly it protects your location history and house address from being tracked by thieves, or robbers. Also, it will protect you from hackers and cyber crimes. Lastly, freezing location on Snapchat means dozens of advertisements on social platforms won’t irritate you.
Can You Pause Your Location on Snap on an iPhone?
Well yes, it is possible to pause your Snapchat location on an iPhone. You have to follow the below tutorials. However, you can follow the same steps to freeze your location on Snapchat if your phone runs on the iOS system.
- First, you have to open your phone’s settings app.
- Then scroll down and select Snapchat.
- Now you have to select ‘Location’.
- Finally, tap on ‘Never’ to activate the option.
Freezing Snapchat locations is possible both on iOS and Android devices. The below steps will show you how to do it on an Android device.
- First, open your phone’s Settings app.
- Then you have to navigate to the ‘Apps’ section.
- Now select ‘Apps’ again.
- Next, find ‘Snapchat’ on your apps list and tap on it.
- Then choose ‘Location’.
- Finally, tap ‘Deny’ and you are done with freezing location on Snapchat.
What are the Drawbacks of Freezing Location on Snapchat
Freezing locations on Snapchat can offer privacy and security benefits. However, there are some potential drawbacks that you need to consider. Let’s have a look at the drawbacks that can happen from freezing locations on Snapchat.
- First of all, there may be misunderstandings or confusion among friends and followers. If users freeze their location on Snapchat, their friends and followers can’t see where they are on the map. This can create confusion or misunderstanding if the user is in a group chat or planning to meet up with someone. Hence, communication with followers or friends about the location status is vital to avoid such misunderstandings.
- Users may miss out on specific features that depend on location data. Freezing location on Snapchat disables certain features that depend on location data like Snap Maps. It means the user won’t be able to see where their friends are on the map. So, if you enjoy using such features, pausing location won’t be the best choice for you.
- Depending on a particular situation and how a user uses the app, there may be other potential drawbacks to freezing your location on Snapchat. Hence, make sure to consider your needs and preferences before pausing your location.
Overall, we can say that freezing locations on Snapchat can provide privacy and security benefits. However, it is significant to consider the potential pros and cons before making the final decision. Still, if you want to freeze your location, follow the above-mentioned steps. Thus, you can ensure that your location remains frozen and you can use the app in a way that feels safe and comfortable for you. Also, make sure to communicate with your followers and friends about your location to avoid any misunderstanding.
How long does Snapchat’s location last?
A user’s location will disappear from Snap Map after 24 hours or after going into the Ghost Mode. Otherwise, users can set a timer.
Does live location on Snapchat mean they are active?
Yes, sharing the live location means that the particular user is active. If a user shares their live location, you can see their Bitmoji on the map and their active status.
Does Snapchat notify you if you stop sharing locations?
Snapchat gives notifications regarding who can view your location. If you want to stop sharing your location with a specific person, that user won’t be notified.