Most people often want to know how to increase uTorrent download speed. uTorrent is a mostly used software for downloading torrent files. A lot of improvement has been done on torrent since 2015. Still, people are complaining that they are not getting complete download speed from uTorrent. But if you want to know the reason as well as the process of speeding up uTorrent you must have good knowledge of the work process of torrents. This article is going to allow you to know how to speed up uTorrent by using different types of methods.
How will you increase uTorrent download speed by tweaking the uTorrent setting?
You can tweak the torrent settings to increase download speed on uTorrent in the following way:
- You have to go to the options tab and select preferences.
- Then you have to select some options from the “Bandwidth” Tab.
- You have to set Maximum Upload Rate: as 100 kB/a from the Global upload rate limiting.
- Then you have to set Maximum Download Rate: 0 (0 means unlimited) from the Global download rate limiting.
- Then you need to set the Global Maximum number of connections: 2330 from the Number of connections.
- Then you have to set the maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 250.
- Then you have to set the number of upload slots per torrent: 14.
- Then you have to press Apply and finally, you need to press OK.
How will you increase uTorrent speed from the Advanced tab configuration?
You will be able to adjust two more parameters in the Advanced tab if you want to accelerate uTorrent download speed. You need to follow the following steps for this:
- First, you have to click on Options then Preferences, and then Advanced.
- Then you have to click on “bt.connect_speed” and set the value “80” and press “Set”. You should not close the tab yet. You have to change one more value.
- Then in the Filter field, you have to paste this text “net.max_halfopen” you will find the options that appear below, you have to simply click on them and change the value from 500 to 100. Then you need to press the set.
- Then you have to press OK to save the settings.
How will you increase uTorrent download speed by adjusting queueing options?
You may speed up torrent download on uTorrent by going to the options and then Preferences. There you have to select Queueing. All you have to do is set the value Maximum number of active torrents (upload or download) to 1.
How will you increase uTorrent download speed by allocating more bandwidth ( uTorrent bandwidth settings )?
If you want to download multiple torrent files at the same time you may give the highest bandwidth priority to the torrent file that you want to download faster. If you want to allocate more bandwidth you have to simply right-click on the torrent file, then you have to select Bandwidth allocation and Set HIGH to give it more priority than others.
How will you add all torrent trackers to get even more speed on uTorrent?
You will find that as soon as you add a Torrent file or a Magnet link to your uTorrent software it will stick to the originating tracker site only. There three is an outstanding feature on uTorrent that helps you to add a list of torrent tracker sites at once. This has a lot of good aspects. One of the most important advantages is that it allows you to get more seeders and peers combined with your pre-existing tracker. In this way, you will be able to find the fastest torrent download speed over. If you want to add more torrent tracker sites you need to do the following:
- You have to first Double click on the torrent file and paste the below trackers in the General tab under the Trackers field:
You have to paste all of them.
How will you Speed Up Torrent Downloads by Connecting Directly to the Seeds?
Frequently you find that the firewall of the computer slows down the torrent download after inspecting all torrent data. If you want to disable this feature you have to check whether you have enabled the Enable PnP port mapping”. This option is generally enabled by default. If you have not changed it, it will remain enabled. If you want to be sure whether this option is turned on or not you have to go to Options, from there you have to select Preferences and then you need to click on Connection. You have to just make sure that PnP port mapping has a tick on it. You have to also, make sure the “Add windows firewall exception” tick is enabled.
How to Automate all these settings from uTorrent “Setup Guide” (Latest version only)?
You can optimize the settings automatically. It is only available in the newer version of uTorrent. There is a new feature called “Setup Guide“ that first detects your download and upload speed and suggests you an optimum setting. You will then be able to set those settings with just a single click. You have to follow the steps given below to configure the uTorrent set-up guide:
- At first, you will need to understand your Upload speed. If you want to check your upload speed you have to go to any speed testing sites like Google’s speed check and run three-speed tests and note down the upload speed. Now you have to make an average of the upload speed. This value will be set in the next step.
- You have to open uTorrent and from Options, you have to Select “Setup Guide“
- In the new windows, you have to select a server (Japan or Singapore) and then you need to select the upload speed in the next field, Now you have to click on “Run test“.
- Then you have to allow some time and uTorrent will produce a report. You will get the optimum bandwidth configuration setting. Then you have to click on “Save and Close“
How will you increase uTorrent download speed by using a VPN?
If you use uTorrent to download torrent files you will find that most internet service providers or ISPs set a limit on download or upload speed. They can easily detect you if you are torrenting. They have to just track the communication port range or protocol type and inspect packet headers. This signifies that your online privacy is not safe and secure as they will often detect users and send copyright notices and you may end up paying huge fines or jail time if you do not agree with their Legal Notice.
If you use VPN software you will be able to do two things: you will be able to increase your torrent download speed as well as hide your internet traffic. If you are using torrent without a VPN that means you are playing with fire. There are a lot of VPN service producers and all of them do not support torrenting. You may use Private Internet Access VPN for torrenting as it is the safest VPN provider that comes up with No Log, unlimited bandwidth for torrenting. The most interesting thing about this VPN is that all its servers support torrenting. That is why you do not need to worry about the speed problem. Not only that, the customer support is available 24 hours. So you can contact them whenever you want. They do quick responses.
What facts should you consider when you download torrents using uTorrent?
You have to consider the following facts when you download torrents by using uTorrent:
- You have to keep in mind that frequent torrent downloading may flag your account by your ISP and you may receive Legal notices from the Copyright protection organization. So, you should use a torrent VPN while downloading torrent files.
- Your ISP could be throttling your speed when you download torrent files. A VPN can help you to prevent that.
- If you are getting slow download speed, you need to contact your ISP and upgrade your internet package to a much faster connection.
- You should always use the latest version of uTorrent.
Remove ads to increase the uTorrent download speed
Ads have a huge impact on your download speed. Ads are a matter of worry and annoyance for those who are using the free versions. The paid versions come up completely free of ads. You have to try to remove ads in the advanced settings if you want to speed up uTorrent and keep your torrent healthy.
Virus and Malware protection for increasing the uTorrent download speed
You have to protect your uTorrent from viruses and malware as they can affect the download or upload speed very severely. You will find a lot of antivirus software to be available on the market. Torrent is not at all safe. That is why hackers can attack you at any time. Hence, you must have an antivirus. You have to scan the file you download every day so that you can prevent yourself from getting hacked by hackers.
Manage uTorrent remotely to increase the download speed of uTorrent
If you use this feature you will be able to manage your current from anywhere, no matter wherever you are. You may leave your pc behind and can control it from your mobile. You have to select the options and then remote in preferences to do the following:
- You have to first check the box “Enable the uTorrent Remote Access.”
- Then you need to give a name and password to your computer.
- Then you have to go to remote.uTorrent.com and log in by using your name and password.
Sometimes it happens drowning in the upload value you have put. Torrent is a peer-to-peer network which implies that it needs both download and upload parties to make this work. If you put a small value on uploading it means that you are not giving back anything to the community, that is why the smart detection code of uTorrent may give you less download speed. That is why you have to play fair. You can put a lower upload speed, but don’t be too desirous and put 1 kB/s there.
Yes, you will be able to increase your download speed in this way. But it will not always be fruitful. As soon as you are giving uTorrent a list of tracker URLs it will help uTorrent to connect to all of the trackers and add more seeders and peers. If you find that a torrent file has high demand and that everyone is downloading this file and has a large number of leechers then you should not add more trackers because it can make the download speed slower. If you are healthy that means the no. of the seeder is greater than the no. of the leecher then if you add more trackers you will be able to enjoy a faster download speed.
It is very easy to bypass speed throttling by your ISP when you download by using uTorrent. You will need to subscribe to a VPN for torrenting.
If your ISP throttles your download speed then you will be able to easily bypass that by hiding your online traffic by using encryption software known as VPN. This software changes your IP address to one of their server’s IP addresses and also encrypts all of your data. That is why your ISP is unable to understand what you are doing online and thus it can not set a limit on your internet speed.
We all know that uTorrent is one of the best tools for downloading and streaming torrent files. If you use this tool you will be able to seed and download torrents. To tech enthusiasts, uTorrent is a great tool as they love to download and stream torrents regularly. We have tried to give you all the verified tips and tricks so that you can optimize the uTorrent client on your PC. The users can use uTorrent completely free of cost. It attracts the users the most as it supports magnet files. You may apply the above-mentioned methods if you want to know how to download faster in uTorrent. So you have to go through this article about how to make uTorrent download faster if you are looking for ways to increase the download speed of uTorrent.