How to Use WhatsApp Web ? Everything You Need to Know About WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp – an online communication platform that has given us the chance to stay connected with our favourite people from the world via the medium Internet.
There was an era when a platform like WhatsApp or a technology like internet was not available and that time people used to communicate with their distant relatives through letters and no one was knowing that when the other person will receive the letter.
But now the world has changed and there are a lot of ways available through which you can be connected with your buddies and loved ones by just doing a few taps or holding a smartphone in your palm.
Today, we are here to share how you can use WhatsApp web in various ways, but before we jump on it, let us see a bit history of WhatsApp.
How WhatsApp Messenger Took Birth into the World?
Developed as a free American cross-platform making software, WhatsApp or WhatsApp Messenger is owned by Facebook which was first established on 24rth Feb 2009 by Jan Koum and Brian Acton.
Initially, when WhatsApp was launched, it only allowed its customers to exchange messages but slowly and gradually the developers added more features in it and made it more interesting. Now people are using two accounts that is one for their personal use and the other one for their business use.
As you all know how easy it is to use WhatsApp in mobile phones, but do you know it is as easiest to use WhatsApp in the Web Version also? Keeping this into consideration, here you will find all details about WhatsApp Web that you need to know.
An Introduction to WhatsApp Web:
Operating as the browser version of WhatsApp Messenger, you can use WhatsApp on your safari or Google chrome or any browser by just typing the URL web.WhatsApp.com
When you will enter the above URL, you will be first asked to scan the bar code so that you can start using the browser version. To scan the bar code of your WhatsApp Web, follow below steps:
1. Open web.WhatsApp.com in your browser
2. Once the URL is open, you will be able to see a bar code at the left side.
3. To scan the bar code, open WhatsApp application in your device click on the 3 dots located at the top right and from the list choose “WhatsApp Web”.
4. When you click on WhatsApp Web from application, the default camera will get open by default. You need to scan the barcode via the camera and once done, your WhatsApp data will get loaded in the browser version.
Once you complete all the steps mentioned above, you will be able to use WhatsApp in your browser version effortlessly. Moving ahead, let us see what functions we can use in the web version of WhatsApp.
How to Use WhatsApp Web Version?
1. How to Start A New Chat?
When you will enter your account in the WhatsApp web version, you will be able to see all your chats listed on the left side on the screen. To start a chat with a contact just click on the chat box and the chat screen will get open at the right side.
However, if you want to start a brand-new chat, you can type the name into the “Search or start a new chat” bar and start your conversation.
Another option that you can follow for starting a new chat is by clicking at the message icon located in the header section. Clicking on the icon redirects you to your contacts screen and from there you can message the respective person.
2. How to View Status?
Do you know watching the status of your contacts is really easy in WhatsApp web? All you need to do is click on the status symbol located first in the header. However, you will be able to see the number of people who has viewed your status but you won’t be able to see who are they, to check that you need to switch on the app.
3. How to Create a New Group?
To create a new group, click on the 3 dots at the top right click on the “New Group” option and select the contact that you want to add in the group. Give name to the group and start the conversation.
4. How to attach files in a chat?
To exchange files like images from gallery, instant photos, documents, contact, you need to open a chat window of the contact and click on the attach icon located at the top. When you will click on it, a drop down will get open in which icons of gallery, camera, documents, and contact is present, click on the one you want to send.
5. How to Search Messages?
To search some specific kind of message in a chat, click on the search icon and type the message you are looking for.
6. How to view contact info?
To view the contact info, click on the 3 dots available at the top right and check the information. You can check the name, media files, Status, number, and an option to block.
How to Make WhatsApp Video Calls on Desktop?
Using the WhatsApp web version, it is not possible to make a video call to your contact but still you can do it through your desktop version. Wondering how? By downloading the official WhatsApp application on your desktop.
To download WhatsApp application on your desktop, first download an emulator like Blue Stack and then install it. Once done, download WhatsApp application and open your account by entering your phone number.
The above process will allow you to use the WhatsApp application on your Windows PC or Mac OS with an ease and your contacts will get synched automatically and you can add new contacts as well.
In order to do WhatsApp video call, follow steps below:
- Open the contact chat window of the person you wish to have a video call with.
- Click on the video call icon at that is located at the top and this will connect you with the person on the other side.
For a quality-video calling session, make sure you have a good internet connection.
How to Use WhatsApp on PC Without Having A Smartphone?
Basically, WhatsApp run only when it gets active with a phone number, but now it is possible to use it without a mobile phone also. To use, WhatsApp without a mobile phone, follow steps below:
- Download an Android SDK to use the resources on your PC.
- Using an android emulator like Blue Stack or Andy, install and run WhatsApp application on your desktop.
- Sign in to WhatsApp Web and scan the barcode.
After this, you don’t have to touch smartphone every now and then to use WhatsApp.
How to Use WhatsApp without a having a phone number or a Sim?
Have you ever imagined that you can use WhatsApp without a phone number or a sim card? It is possible, let us see how:
- Download WhatsApp in your device. If you are already using it you need to delete the account to remove the present number and re-install the application on your device.
- Enter your landline number in the WhatsApp account with your country code.
- Once done, wait for about 5 to 6 minutes and you will receive an SMS that will eventually fail. You need to choose the option of Call ME and you will receive a call on your landline number.
- From the automated call, you need to note down the verification code and enter it in your account. The verification code will be of 6-digits.
- Complete process and start using WhatsApp without phone number or sim.
You can also use a fake number to use WhatsApp web if you do not want to have a phone number or sim synched with your account.
Leave WhatsApp Group Without Notification in Android Device:
If you wish to secretly leave a WhatsApp group without giving a public notification then you can do it. Below is the procedure you need to follow:
- Open WhatsApp in your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the WhatsApp group that you are willing to leave.
- Click on dots located at the top of the screen.
- Tap on Mute from the dropdown and un-check the “Show Notifications” option.
- Tap OK and its done!
Leave WhatsApp Group Without Notification in iPhone Device:
- Open WhatsApp in your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the WhatsApp group that you wish to leave and swipe left.
- You will find a “More” option. Click on Mute and select the time period.
- Tap OK and its done!
Download WhatsApp Desktop:
Do you know what WhatsApp Desktop is? It is a desktop version of WhatsApp that allows you to easily and quickly sync all your contacts with your computer so that you can exchange messages with your loved ones whenever you want to. It is completely free version of WhatsApp for desktop that you can have.
Or the alternative way to follow the above procedure to get WhatsApp on phone, laptop or PC is by visiting whatsapp.com/download. From here, you can download WhatsApp in your preferred language.
Mentioned above is all the relevant information about the WhatsApp Web that you should know. Using these platforms are really easy nowadays as it has given us the way to stay connected with our loved ones and also to grow our business in various manners.
Stay tuned with us if you want to know more about different patterns of using WhatsApp and what other hidden features is present in WhatsApp that you can use. Enjoy!
Meet the Author
Thank You for visiting our blog. It's your web admin of The Techno Ninja we hope you will enjoy our blog feel free to suggest any suggestion. Also please Subscribe to our push notification If you find helpful things in our blog to keep us motivated. We will try to deliver the best possible solution, review and update in our blog. Thank YouLearn more