What is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is a cross-platform messaging software currently owned by Facebook. It’s available on almost all known Operating systems, including KaiOS and Mac OS also.
The idea of this software came from the two great minds of Yahoo! Brian Acton and Jan Koum, currently known as the founders of WhatsApp. The interesting thing to know is that they both applied for Facebook jobs and were rejected.
The application was originally created by WhatsApp Inc. of Mountain View, California. It soon became the world’s most popular messaging application by 2015, while recently the count of users touched the high value of 2 billion as recorded in February 2020.
But Facebook acquired it during February 2014 for approximately US$19.3 billion.
The Reason Behind WhatsApp’s Popularity :
The high versatility of this free application since its release has made it a popular messaging software among the users who love to chat and send voice messages. In 2018, WhatsApp introduced group video calling up to 4 people in its applications. However, it was integrated only on mobile-based software. Recently the number of users in a group video call was extended to 8.
The Advantages of Using WhatsApp that You Must Know:
- To use WhatsApp, you don’t have to pay any single penny, it is completely free to use.
- From any corner of the world, exchange messages with your buddies living in other countries.
- Supports voice call and video call.
- Easy to exchange document files up to 100 MB.
- Messages can be deleted for everyone until not seen by the other person.
- Share location, media files, audios, videos and more.
- Can change numbers without losing your account.
Here’s How You Can Exchange Messages on WhatsApp from Mobile :
Before you start messaging, you are required to download this free software from the play store and authenticate yourself at the interface.
Steps to follow before you use WhatsApp :
- Install the application from play store of iOS store
- Launch the application and approve the required permissions for storage media and camera.
- Enter your phone number and continue
- Carefully enter the verification code received on your mobile number
- Fill your username and set up your profile picture, you are ready to go.
That’s all which is required, now you can select any of your contacts to tap and send messages. If you don’t see the contacts, you can manually import your entire contact list.
Here’s How You Can Exchange Messages on WhatsApp from Web:
WhatsApp allows users to interact with the web-interface also. This particular feature of WhatsApp makes it a versatile platform for messaging. This is a great thing if you are on a Linux operating system.
WhatsApp doesn’t have a native built of software for Linux but you can use it through the WhatsApp web interface provided.
To do that, all you need is a browser:
- Navigate to https://web.whatsapp.com/
- Open WhatsApp on your Android or iOS
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner and select the WhatsApp web
- Give camera permission if it asks, the camera will pop open with a square cut in the bottom
- Hold the camera such that the square cut fits into the QR code displayed in the web interface
- Once the QR code is scanned, you will automatically be navigated to your contacts and chats
That’s all. Now you can chat with anyone in your contact.
How does the WhatsApp Privacy Function?
There ae times when you do not want to share everything with your contacts. This is when you can work with the WhatsApp privacy.
To change the privacy of your WhatsApp, follow below process:
- Click on the 3 dots available at the top-right of your WhatsApp.
- Click on Settings
- Click on Account and go to Privacy
- Here change the settings of the section that you want to keep private such as your last seen, profile photo, about, status, read recipients, blocked contacts and more.
Now, apart from these functionalities, there are many more features that can be used in WhatsApp. Let’s see each of its smallest features in details:
1. How to Record Audio Messages?
Recording audio message is very easy in the application. All you need to do is, open the chat window of the person to whom you want to send the audio message, click on the mix c part and record.
There is no time limit for recording audio, so feel free to record the audio of any length.
2. How to do Audio Call?
To do audio call, tap on the phone icon button located at the top. Here, you cannot do a conference call.
3. How to do video call?
To do a video call, click on the video call icon located at the top. When your video call is on, you can add other persons also.
4. How to create a new group?
In order to create a new group, click on the 3 dots and the first option listed is the “New group”. Now click on that and add as many people you want. The limit is of 100 people in the group.
5. How to exit from a group?
To make an exit from a group, open the group window, tap on 3 dots at top right, click on “MORE” and the click on exit group. Once you are out of the group, only admin will be able to add you again.
6. How to Report a contact?
If you find any of the person in your contact misbehaving with you and you want to report that person then you can do it easily. Just open the chat window, click on 3 dots at top right, click on Report.
Reporting a person will block that person and also delete your conversation you had with that respective person.
7. How to change the wallpaper?
Do you know you can keep customized wallpapers in your WhatsApp? To do so, open any chat window, click on the 3 dots at top right, click on wallpaper. You will see various options such as:
- No wallpaper – if you don’t want to keep any wallpaper, choose no wallpaper
- Gallery – if you want to keep any picture from your gallery then pick it up from gallery
- Solid Colour – if you want to keep any solid colour pre-defined in WhatsApp, then choose the option.
- Wallpaper library – WhatsApp provides an entire library to choose from. You need to download the package to use it.
- Default – keep the default wallpaper by WhatsApp.
8. How to broadcast a message?
If you want to send a message to multiple messages at a time, then you can choose the New Broadcast option from the 3 dots option and make the list of your buddies whom you want to send.
9. How to delete single/multiple chats?
To delete a single chat, just hold the chat and above you will get an option to pin it, delete it, mute it or archive it. Click on the delete icon. If you want to delete multiple chats select all chats excluding groups.
10. How to Pin, Mute or Archive chats?
Pin – to pin any chat, hold the chat and at the top pin icon will be available at first. Click on it, and your chat will be pinned.
Mute – Select chats and click on the mute icon at the top to mute it. You can mute notifications for 8 hours, 1 week or 1 year. If you want to keep the mute functionality on but still wants to see notifications then you can select the show notifications option.
11. How to Search?
To search any chat, click on the chat icon at the top and enter name of the person you are looking for.
12. How to Block / Unblock a contact?
To block a contact, open the chat window of the person whom you want to block. Click on the 3 dots at top right, click on more and click on Block.
To unblock the contact, tap on the message “You blocked this contact. Tap to unblock”, and then click on unblock. The other way to unblock is, open settings > accounts > privacy > blocked contacts and unblock it. This is how you can do so.
WhatsApp is rolling out the first official animated sticker pack!
In recent times, WhatsApp is working to implement a lot of new features. Among them, the latest feature for Android is new tools for Storage Usage, and for iOS, the most updated feature is a search by date. However, let me know some details about another announcement of WhatsApp which is most used among the WhatsApp users and that is animated stickers.
To view and download an official animated sticker pack, you need to update your WhatsApp version to the latest and newer updated version from google play store or App store. The feature animated stickers consist of three parts –
- If you can view animated stickers, you can save and send all received animated stickers to others.
- You can use animated sticker packs from the third party also. Many animated sticker developers are working in this time to be imported into WhatsApp.
- You can also download and use default animated sticker packs from the WhatsApp store, that has currently existed in the WhatsApp.
So, WhatsApp is rolling out the first official animated stickers pack with their animated pack called playful Plyomaru.
Hidden Tricks that You Must Know About WhatsApp:
Hide WhatsApp photos and videos from gallery
WhatsApp has added new amazing feature to hide photos and videos from particular WhatsApp chats and groups in the gallery. Yes, we don’t have control over what content we are getting in our through Whatsapp groups. These photos or videos showing up in your phone’s gallery can be a big problem. To access this feature, just open a WhatsApp group or chat and tap on that name to access that option and choose the media visibility option and select your convenient option.
This technique will not remove existing WhatsApp media and will hide new incoming media only.
Security of WhatsApp using a Fingerprint lock
You can secure your WhatsApp using fingerprint unlock. You can only access this feature if you have registered your fingers registered on phones will be allowed to access WhatsApp using the fingerprint lock feature. To enable this feature, go to settings -> accounts -> privacy and scroll down to fingerprint lock. Before using this trick, you should remember that if fingerprint authentication fails, then there is no other option to unlock WhatsApp.
Share live location
If you want to share your location with your contact, then WhatsApp enables this feature also. The location is updated in real-time and you can share your location to your contact for 15 minutes, 1 hour, or up to straight 8 hours. To access this, tap the attachment icon in the text input field. Then, select a location and then select ‘share live location’.
Hide notification from the lock screen
To add extra privacy to your WhatsApp, you can hide WhatsApp notification from the lock screen. To enable this feature, long press on a WhatsApp notification. Then click on the details. From the next display, choose the option to hide messages on the lock screen.
Delete message after you have sent them
It is a useful feature when you have accidentally sent a message to the wrong person. Then this is the best option as you can delete them. To enable this feature, long press on the message and select delete for everyone. This feature works for the sent messages in the last hour. Also, keep in mind that, this feature will be ineffective, within the 7 minutes, if someone has quoted your message.
Unlike WhatsApp mobile, WhatsApp web doesn’t let you create separate identity to use it, rather it imports everything (from your identification to contacts) whatever you do have on WhatsApp mobile. Video calling support is also not provided in the WhatsApp web.
Meet the Author
Thank You for visiting our blog. It's your web admin of The Techno Ninja we hope you will enjoy our blog feel free to suggest any suggestion. Also please Subscribe to our push notification If you find helpful things in our blog to keep us motivated. We will try to deliver the best possible solution, review and update in our blog. Thank YouLearn more