Minecraft is one of the most popular complementary Windows games. This game allows you to spend your leisure time building dream castles and finishing different types of tasks. But the Minecraft users get disturbed by the issues like OpenGL Error 1281 and they lose their fun. At the time of playing Minecraft, a particular error message is displayed which is the OpenGL Error 1281. The players are indeed familiar with the Minecraft OpenGL Error. There are a lot of fixes that help you solve your Minecraft issue within a short time. You just have to follow some simple steps.
This article is composed of proper methods and procedures to help you improve and fix Minecraft OpenGL 1281 errors. There are a lot of reasons why OpenGL error 1281 (invalid value) happens in Minecraft.
The following things are may cause the Minecraft OpenGL error:
- Graphics settings and
- Graphics card drivers
We have given the best possible solutions and methods to rectify this Minecraft error and have your game functioning smoothly again.
Table of Contents
How to fix OpenGL error 1281?
If you want to fix the OpenGL error 1281 you have to try the following fixes:
- Remove mods temporarily
- Update Java on your PC
- Update optifine
- Update graphics driver
- Disable all shaders
- Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft.
How to get rid of OpenGL error 1281 invalid value?
If you want to get rid of OpenGL error 1281 invalid value you have to try the following fixes:
Solution 1: Remove Mods for Sometime
Mods improve the functionality of the game. However, they sometimes clash with the game and result in Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281. Therefore, you should disable all the mods one after another to understand the complicated mod. Then, you can disable the problem-causing mod to rectify the issue.
Solution 2: Update the Java on your PC
We all know that Minecraft is a Java-based game. You may download some Java files at the time of installing the game on your computer. However, if your PC has missing or outdated Java, you will encounter the Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281 (Invalid value).
You have to follow the steps that are given below if you want to install the latest Java on your computer:
- You have to write down what system type your computer is.
- Then you have to open the browser on your PC and then go to the official Java site to download the compatible update for your OS architecture.
- Then, you have to double-click the file to start updating, and then you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finish it
- As soon as it is done, you have to copy the entire folder from the root directory.
- Next, you need to press the Windows and E keys to open Windows Explorer.
- Then you have to navigate to “C:\\Program Files\\Java” (32-bit)” or “C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Java” (64-bit) in Windows Explorer.
- Then you have to paste the folder which you have copied already and select the “Replace All” button on the pop-up window.
- Then you need to go back to your desktop and launch Minecraft.
- Then you have to select the “Forge MOD Manager” option from the welcome screen.
- After that, you have to select the “Edit Profile” option and then assign the correct Java path on your system under the “Java Settings (Advanced)” option.
- You need to save the settings and relaunch your game. As soon as it is done, you need to check whether the error is fixed.
Solution 3: Update OptiFine
If you use OptiFine to enhance FPS and improve game performance, outdated OptiFine can cause this problem. Therefore, you can try updating this mod to fix the Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281 (Invalid value) by following the steps given below:
- You have to download the latest OptiFine version.
- Then you have to go along with the directions coming up on your screen to install it.
- After completing the mod installation, you have to restart your PC.
- Then you have to open Minecraft and check whether OpenGL Error 1281 is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Disable all Shaders
With the help of the Minecraft shaders, you can make lighting and other improvements in Minecraft. However, as these tools are quite resource-hungry, they may start clashing with other game mods. And this dispute often leads to OpenGL Error 1281.
So, you may disable each of the shaders one by one to find the disturbing shader and fix the issue.
Solution 5: Uninstall Minecraft and reinstall it
If you find that none of the above-mentioned fixes works to solve your issue you may uninstall and reinstall Minecraft to fix your issue. You have to follow the steps that are given below:
Note: Uninstalling Minecraft may remove your data. Hence, save your profile and create a data backup before proceeding further. And keep your credentials handy as you may need them to download Minecraft again.
- You have to use the Windows+R command to launch the Run tool.
- Then you have to Input appwiz.cpl in the on-screen box and hit the Enter key.
- Then you have to type Appwiz.cpl on RunFind and right-click on Minecraft.
- Then you have to pick Uninstall from the options given in the context menu.
- Then you have to travel to the official website of Minecraft.
- Then you have to click on the green-colored Download button to get Minecraft’s executable file on your computer.
- Then you have to double-click on the file you have just downloaded.
- Then you have to follow the onscreen instructions to complete your Minecraft installation.
Solution 6: Turn Off GL Errors
Sometimes Minecraft OpenGL Errors may occur without any reason. Therefore, you may turn off the GL error to solve your issue by flooring the steps that are given below:
- You have to first open Minecraft and click on its options.
- Then you have to choose video settings and then you have to select others.
- Then you have to turn off the show GL Errors option.
- Then you have to save the settings you have changed and then you have to relaunch Minecraft.
- Then you need to check whether the problem is solved or not.
Solution 7: Update your graphics card driver
If you have an old or corrupt graphics drive you will experience OpenGL Error 1281. That is why if you want to fix it you have to update your graphics driver in the following way:
- You have to press the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- Then you have to type “devmgmt.MSC” in the box and click OK to open the Device Manager window.
- After that, you need to expand the Display adapters category and then right-click the drive name.
- Then you have to select the Update driver from the menu.
- In the new window, you have to select the “Search automatically for drivers” option and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then you have to update all the available drivers and restart your system.
- As soon as it is done, you need to restart your PC and check whether the OpenGL Error 1281 is fixed.
Solution 8: Check Your Internet Connectivity
Sometimes the slow or unstable internet connection begins inflicting errors while launching or playing the game. That is why you must check your internet connection to learn whether it is working fine and stable.
You should contact your Internet Service Provider to repair the slow internet. Moreover, you should switch to a different internet connection or connect by using a mobile hotspot.
How to get rid of OpenGL error 1281 Minecraft?
The OpenGL81 is spam messages that prevent the users from playing the game. One can resolve the issue by switching off the Show GL Errors option from the settings of Minecraft. There are a lot of ways to fix this issue.
What does OpenGL error 1281 mean?
In brief, we can say that OpenGL is a programming interface that enables the operating system to provide an outstanding gaming experience. It warns the GOU not to render any of the things to reduce the rendering load. The low rendering load will provide you with a fast and smooth gaming experience. That is why OpenGL has been kept in Minecraft as a default setting. Due to OpenGL, the players may face different types of errors. OpenGL Error 1281 is one of them.
The famous sandbox video game, Minecraft has more than 130 million players. With such an enormous Player base errors are quite ordinary. Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281 is one of those errors. If the parameters of a task call do not fit the set of parameters authorized by OpenGL or do not interact relatively with the state that is already assigned in the context, then an OpenGL Error 1281 will take place.
By default, this option is fixed as On/Enable so that the users can have outstanding performance. However, it is very popular to detect cases where users encounter the error message “OpenGL Error 1281”. Although OpenGL error 1281 is not a big deal as this error occurred when third-party variables and modules were running together.
What is OpenGL error 1281?
OpenGL Error 1281 is very common. OpenGL is a setting that has been set by default in the game that makes the game faster and helps to make it run smoother on the PC. By operating within the Minecraft game, the process should lessen the burden of rendering on the operating system directly.
Minecraft OpenGL error 1281 gets activated by the option that should ensure that the game only renders GPU when the direct view of the gamer is applied. That is why the error is irritating for the users who experienced the pop-up. Other codes might arise alongside this OpenGL error, and those are all rectifiable.
When OpenGL error 1281 (invalid value) Minecraft happens, the players do not know what goes on or where to start. The option itself is assigned On by default so that the players can have an outstanding performance. The major reason why the error shows up is third-party variables or modules that are operating.
You can easily fix these incompatibilities. That is why you should not get worried about thinking that your game is infected when you encounter the Minecraft OpenGL error 1281 on the screen. There is nothing as hazardous as malware that could be the reason for an error popping up.
Is OpenGL good for gaming?
Some people claim that OpenGL is more manageable to work with than DirectX. Along with hardware resources, OpenGL only deals with graphics, making it simpler by nature. The truth is that it works across more platforms and also makes it simpler to publish games with this regulation.
Is OpenGL a GPU?
OpenGL (Open Graphics Library) is a cross-language, cross-platform application programming interface (API) for representing 2D and 3D vector graphics. The API is commonly used to interact with a graphics processing unit (GPU), to attain hardware-accelerated rendering.
How Do You Fix OpenGL Invalid Value?
The OpenGL errors are very popular for Minecraft players who have the OptiFine mod installed into the game. There are varieties of OpenGL errors and they can be fixed with these solutions.
Update Java, by the default installation method or manually
Download the Graphics drivers on your system
Remove all the existing mods and re-enable them if needed
Change the in-game video settings, if your system specifications are low
Download opengl32.dll and place it in the AppData directory
Uninstall and Reinstall Minecraft
By providing you with this type-written note, we tried to guide you through how to fix the Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281 (Invalid value) easily. You can start fixing the issue from the first solution and keep moving down the list of fixes till the problem is resolved.